GT Plumbing and Gas Services

Plumbing, gas fitting and
 complete bathroom renovations in 
the southern suburbs

In Need of an Experienced Gas Fitter ?

Please take a look through our list of gas fitting services

Our Story

experienced gas fitter

Gas Appliance Installation

GT Plumbing and Gas Services is licensed, qualified and experienced gas fitter for all gas appliance installations and covers the Southern suburbs of Adelaide.

Gas, electric and solar hot water services installed.

Heat pump installations (Electric hot water service)

Gas oven, gas stove,gas cooker, gas cook top  installation.

Mains pressure gas storage water heaters.

Continuous flow hot water service installation.

Gas wall furnace installation, gas heater installation, gas fire installation.

Gas BBQ installations and conversions

LPG Installations including twin gas bottle auto change over.


Gas Leak Detection and Repairs

With all the gas main upgrades taking place at the moment we are getting lots of calls requiring a plumber and gas fitter who has experience with gas leak detection and repairs. Sometimes its a burst pipe underground or a leaking above ground gas fitting, its normally relatively easy to locate the section of gas pipe that's leaking and get the gas back on in the same day. Underground burst pipes will sometimes need to be taken out of service and a new section of pipe installed especially where the burst pipe is an old underground galvanised steel pipe. So if your looking for a  plumber and gas fitter  who has electronic testing equipment for gas leak detection and repairs then give GT Plumbing and Gas Services a call, we will be happy to help out.

Gas Appliance Servicing

We are starting to get much more calls recently from people South of Adelaide needing a plumber and gas fitter who understands the importance of gas appliance servicing, having carried out my initial training in the gas industry in the UK where gas appliance safety checks are mandatory for rental properties evey twelve months this is very much an area of my expertise that I am happy to put in to practice while talking the customer through what is necessary for a gas appliance to run safely.

Gas Appliance Repairs

GT Plumbing and Gas Services is licensed and qualified for all gas appliance repairs.

What is worse than going to turn on the gas fire or gas heater only to find that its not working or the pilot light wont light? 

Getting in the shower only to find you have no hot water!

Don't worry most gas appliance repairs can be taken care of with a single visit without needing any materials. If you feel that the appliance is not worth repairing then let us advise you on a gas appliance installation that would replace the faulty unit. If its a faulty hot water service that has broke down at a weekend or evening then we can still get you back up and running with hot water the same day, just ask about the temporary electric hot water service loan units that we have that store 50 litres of hot water.


Carbon monoxide the silent killer.


Vanessa Robinson put both of her sons to bed for the last time on May 30th 2010, her two sons Chase and Tyler never woke from that sleep, they were poisoned from carbon monoxide spilling from a faulty gas heater. I have been in touch with Vanessa since hearing of her loss and as my way of helping her foundation spread the word I would like to provide some information on what carbon monoxide is and how it can be caused in gas appliances.


If you feel that you would like a gas appliance checked for being safe or a gas appliance servicing then please call  GT Plumbing and Gas Services on 0416957760 and ask for Gareth Teale, I will advise on the installation, if the gas appliance needs servicing and if it looks like the appliance is producing carbon monoxide. If the appliance checks out fine from all the tests I also have an electronic carbon monoxide detector to prove that you really do not have anything to worry about.


Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colourless, odourless, tasteless, poisonous gas produced by incomplete burning of carbon-based fuels, including gas, oil, wood and coal. Carbon-based fuels are safe to use. It is only when the fuel does not burn properly that excess CO is produced, which is poisonous.

When CO enters the body, it prevents the blood from bringing oxygen to cells, tissues, and organs.

You can't see it, taste it or smell it but CO can kill quickly without warning. Every year around 11 people die from CO poisoning caused by gas appliances and flues that have not been properly installed, maintained or that are poorly ventilated.

Levels that do not kill can cause serious harm to health if breathed in over a long period. In extreme cases paralysis and brain damage can be caused as a result of prolonged exposure to CO.

Increasing public understanding of the risks of CO poisoning and taking sensible precautions could dramatically reduce this risk.

There are signs that you can look out for which indicate incomplete combustion is occurring and may result in the production of CO;

  • Yellow or orange rather than blue flames (except fuel effect fires or flueless appliances which display this colour flame)
  • Soot or yellow/brown staining around or on appliances
  • Pilot lights that frequently blow out
  • Increased condensation inside windows

There are a number of simple steps that gas consumers can take to keep themselves safe.

Carbon Monoxide can be produced by any combustion appliance, including those that burn fossil fuels e.g. oil, wood and coal. If you have one of these appliances you should make sure that it is serviced and maintained by a competent person and the chimney is regularly swept.

Early symptoms of carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning can mimic many common ailments and may easily be confused with food poisoning, viral infections, flu or simple tiredness. Symptoms to look out for include:

  • headaches or dizziness
  • breathlessness
  • nausea
  • loss of consciousness
  • tiredness
  • pains in the chest or stomach
  • erratic behaviour
  • visual problems

If you or your family experience any of the above symptoms and believe you may have been exposed to carbon monoxide, you should seek urgent medical advice from either your Doctor or an A&E department.



If you feel you have been exposed to carbon monoxide and you are feeling the effects of carbon monoxide poisoning then you must;

  • Switch off the appliance and shut off the gas supply at the meter control valve
  • Open all doors and windows to ventilate the room
  • Visit your Doctor and tell him/her that you believe your may have been exposed to carbon monoxide.
  • Remember gas appliance servicing may be needed in the gas appliances in your home, check over your appliances and if in any doubt then call your Adelaide plumber and gas fitter GT Plumbing and Gas Services.